Lead Interaction Designer
Bungie was founded in 1991 with two simple goals: develop games that combine brilliant technology, beautiful art, compelling stories and deep gameplay, and sell enough copies to achieve our real goal of total world domination. Over the past 10 years we have produced games such as the "Marathon Trilogy" and the first two "Myth" games, hailed as classics by critics and gamers around the world. Bungie's "Halo" franchise is an international award-winning action franchise that has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 25 million units worldwide, spawning best-selling novels and award winning soundtracks. Players have logged nearly 2 billion hours of multiplayer action over Xbox LIVE, created millions of pieces of user created content, and established a ravenous fan community. More information on Bungie can be found at http://www.bungie.net.
Do you run through the seven stages of interaction every time you start your car? When you buy a new gadget, do you think aloud as you use it for the first time? Do you have nightmares about the peanut butter theory of user interface design? Do you have the guts to argue that the user interface is the most important feature of a game? Do you love Clippy jokes? If so, you just might be the ideal candidate to become Bungie's next Lead Interaction Designer.
As Bungie's Lead Interaction Designer, your goal will be to design a consistent, rich, and logical architecture for our UI across all platforms and portals, and then realize that goal as you drive it through production. You will communicate your designs through documentation, flow designs, and functional prototypes. You will collaborate with our graphic artists to design and deliver a rich and interesting experience, and with our designers to ensure intuitive integration with the in-game experience. You will work closely with all departments as you drive your design through all phases of production. You will collaborate with User Research to test that our UI/UX is ultimately accessible and user friendly. You will work with the Test and Localization teams so that our UI/UX designs are localization friendly and platform compliant. Thus, taking us all one step further toward world domination, and a useful paperclip.
* Prior experience designing user interfaces, preferably for console games.
* Intense curiosity, creativity and the keen ability to stay abreast of positive trends in game design, software and industrial design.
* Fearless and creative approach to solving challenging, complex problems.
* Burning desire to break the mold to take game interfaces to uncharted
* Proven ability to thoroughly document complex and detailed design plans.
* Exceptional team player with strong cross-group communication skills.
* Willingness to take design direction when offered, and the ability to work
independently when it isn't.
* Prior experience working with engineers and artists.
* Submissions without portfolios of previous UI/UX design work cannot be
Located in Bellevue, WA, we love to lavish our employees with luxurious benefits. Take a look at a sampling of what we have to offer and learn more about our studio at www.bungie.net/careers.
How to apply
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference PSSIGCHI in the subject line. Remember to include demo reels, portfolios, sample code, and anything else that demonstrates your skills!