POP is looking for an Associate Experience Director who will work with the Experience Director to support a team direction that advances the group and the agency. They are responsible for leading project teams, and assisting with business development efforts, internal initiatives and thought leadership. In addition, the Associate Experience Director manages and mentors team members to foster individual and team growth. This position reports to the Experience Director.
- Provide strategic direction on Experience Strategy projects.
- Plan and lead strategic activities and deliverables during the Discovery process, including stakeholder interviews, user research and industry research. Responsible for leading the development of Findings Reports, Personas, User Journeys and the Experience Strategy Brief.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to develop, design and execute a project’s user experience, from concept through launch.
- Assist Client Partners and Account Management in managing client needs and expectations.
- Lead and mentor user experience team members, ensuring both the delivery of high quality work and the growth of individual contributors.
- Represent POP’s user experience capabilities, including information architecture and content strategy in new business pitches.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to determine a pitch strategy for UX, and oversee the production of supporting presentation materials.
- Write relevant portions of new business proposals, estimates budget, resource and scheduling needs.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and discussions within the team and across departments to improve thinking, process, communication and client work.
- Responsible for the growth, development and performance reviews of team members.
- Involvement in user experience community, advancing discussion on a local or national level through publishing, speaking and attending events.
- Assist Experience Director in supporting team direction and goals.
- Assist in leading supporting initiatives and helps oversee their successful completion.
- Serve as a role model in motivating and challenging team members.
- Deeply involved in helping to resource team members.
- Instrumental in recruiting and hiring new team members.
- Strategic user experience thinker and advocate with the ability to put plans into action.
- Proven success in developing compelling user experiences that meet business goals and user needs.
- Proactive and effective leadership experience and a constructive and committed attitude; ability to motivate team members to excel.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, facilitation, people and project management skills.
- Experience in successful business development efforts.
- Strong client-facing experience, preferably with Fortune 500 clients.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- A passion to push the boundaries of technology.
- A minimum of six years of experience in the user experience field; agency experience strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience managing and mentoring direct reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Library Science, Human Factors or related subject; master’s level degree very strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 30 percent of the time.
Please apply via our website at: